As usual there’s been a lot happening in the world of technology and gadgets recently, so here’s a quick roundup of some of the notable and interesting news articles and reviews we’ve seen while browsing the web:
- New Amazon Kindle 3 Announced – Smaller, Cheaper & A UK-Based Version! – Amazon certainly aren't resting on their laurels when it comes to their Kindle ebook platform, in addition to their existing ebook reader devices, they've recently released iPhone, iPad and Android apps and now they're updating their hardware devices again – no doubt they want to further improve on their impressive sales figures where they have sold more ebooks than hardback physical books for the first time ever.
- New Amazon Kindle Cases Ready for Launch – That's right, not only have Amazon been working on releasing their new Kindle 3 ebook reader, but also they've got some stylish new cases to carry them around in!
- Android 2.2 Froyo Official Release Date for HTC EVO 4G Confirmed for August 3rd | UK Gadget and Tech News, Reviews and Shopping – Well HTC certainly have been hard at work recently, not only are they rolling out the Android 2.2 (Froyo) update for the HTC Desire in the next few days, but they've also got the HTC Evo 4G update for those lucky Americans who own that particular handset.
- 100,000 Android Applications Submitted To Android Market | Geeky Gadgets – Now here's an interesting chart, it shows that the number of Android apps being submitted to the Android Market is rising steeply, I'm not surprised given the huge uptake in Android smartphones this year so far and by the end of 2010, Android's share of the market could be much larger than the iPhone platform – let's just hope there's lots of top Android apps coming through to rival some of the better iPhone apps.
- XCOR Aerospace Lynx spacecraft accepting pre-orders for space tours » Coolest Gadgets – It looks like space tourism could be the next big thing! Not only is Richard Branson pressing ahead with his Virgin Galactic service with SpaceShip Two, but now other companies such as this one seem to be jumping on the bandwagon – with this kind of competition, how long until we can all reasonably afford a trip into space?
- Google developing a new social network service? | GadgetLite – Latest gadgets and technology news – There's a lot of rumours going around recently suggesting that Google could once again having another go at creating a social network, we've even reported about it here on Zath as the Google Me rumour. Surely their next effort needs to be better than Orkut, Google Wave and Google Buzz?
- The Hellboy Hoodie is Awesome as Hell | Walyou – Hellboy is one of those great comic book characters, a reluctant hero who is actually a big red demon and the movies were good fun too, especially Hellboy 2: The Golden Army. Now someone has created a Hellboy hoodie – what do you think to this?
- FragYou! » Blog Archive » Autographed StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty QcK’s up for grabs! – SteelSeries have been making great gaming peripherals for years and now they've done it again with their latest StarCraft 2 keyboard and mouse mats. To celebrate this they're running a competition to win some autographed prizes, so be sure to get your entry in before 6th August!
- BioLogic iPhone Bike Mount – The iPhone obviously has a lot of great apps, especially to be used while you're outdoors, but obviously for cyclists using GPS-based apps the last thing you want to be doing is constantly stopping and taking your iPhone out of your pocket checking your position, so now you can get this handy bike mount, so you can check your iPhone display easily whenever you like.
- SaturatoR AK47 Aqua Fire — Rapid, High Power Water Pistol – Now here’s a definite gadget for summer! It’s a high power, rapid fire water pistol – so powerful it even needs batteries! – The perfect addition to cool down with at a barbeque on a hot summer’s day!
If you read or run a technology or gadget-related that has written some interesting articles that you think other people would like to read about, then feel free to send us your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org