Here on Zath we recently wrote about Virgin Trains’ latest promotion called ‘Don’t Go Zombie’ which featured an innovative zombie game that was based off Google Street View in which you could run go around your local streets ticketing the zombies to save them and get them onto a Virgin Train. In fact, if you go zombie hunting around York, you may even find our very own Zath Zombie!
Well here at Zath we’ve now teamed up with Virgin Trains to help you prepare for the zombie apocalypse by offering up one of the new Amazon Kindle (Wifi) ebook readers along with a copy of what will be a very useful book; Zompoc: How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse – These are useful things to have after all, when you’re dealing with zombies, you want to pack light, so being able to carry your book collection around with you on one light device rather than deal with the weight and bulk of all those paper and hardbacks will be a definite advantage!
Amazon has stuck with their new-found love for the ‘graphite’ coloured chassis in addition to a white model, whilst making the entire Amazon Kindle 3 device 21% smaller than its predecessor. In addition to that it’s 15% lighter, s, all in all,l it is a much more portable, and more comfortable device for reading books.
They have also maintained their hugely popular 6-inch, e-ink screen, which is widely regarded as one of, if not the best display on an e-reader. However, Amazon has promised a 20% increase in the refresh rate on the latest display, which can’t be bad at all.
Much like our previous Magic Wand Remote Control competition, to stand a chance of winning this prize, entering couldn’t be any simpler…
How to Enter
To be in with a chance of winning the Amazon Kindle (Wifi), all you need to do to enter this competition is do at least one of the following (obviously the more of these you do, the more entries and chances to win you’ll have)…
1. Leave a comment below on this page saying you’d like to enter the competition. (1 entry)
2. Like Zath on Facebook and then leave a comment on the Zath Facebook page entry for the Amazon Kindle and zombie book competition simply saying something along the lines of “I want to win an Amazon Kindle and zombie book!” (1 entry)
3. Follow Zath on Twitter and tweet about this competition using the retweet button below. (1 entry)
The closing date for entries is 23:59 (UK) Sunday 17th October 2010 – Good luck everyone! 🙂
Terms & Conditions:
- Each person entering this competition can enter the competition as outlined above, if you complete all three ways of entry then you will have three entries into the competition.
- The prize consists of 1 x Amazon Kindle (Wifi) and ‘Zompoc: How to Survive a Zombie Apocalypse’ book, there will be one overall winner, who receives this prize.
- Closing date for entries is 23:59 (UK) Sunday 17th October 2010. Any entries after this time will not be included in the draw.
- The winner will be drawn at random (using Random.org) and then notified by email/Twitter/Facebook as appropriate.
- The judge’s decision is final.
More Competitions To Come Here At Zath!
We’ve also got some more competitions coming up in the next few weeks here on Zath, so be sure to bookmark us and check back soon, follow Zath on Twitter, Like Zath on Facebook and/or subscribe to our free email newsletter either using the form below this post or at the top right of the page.
Simon Barker is the founder and editor of Zath and has over 25 years worth of experience of using computers and technology in general. He can normally be found researching or testing the latest in technology products.
He has provided IT consultancy services to both home and small business users for over 15 years, building PCs, fixing hardware/software problems and providing comprehensive training.
Simon always likes to get the best out of the technology he is using, by both making informed decisions of what products to purchase and also optimising how it is then used to get the most benefits possible.
If you’d like to follow and/or contact him on Twitter, please feel free to do so – @SimonBarker.