Since it kicked off here in the UK a few weeks ago, Google Street View has courted controversy with the residents of a Buckinghamshire village, Broughton, who refused to be photographed, and the privacy lobby who say that the service is against human rights.
Here at Zath towers, however, we prefer to focus on the fun and beneficial side of the mapping tool. Here are the top seven strange sights we’ve found so far as you take a virtual stroll around these fair isles…
1) How us British love to queue! We’ll even queue for nothing!
2) Paddington Bear in Trafalgar Square!
3) My worst fear, being run over by a cyclist!
4) The Stig relaxes in the office in Shepherd’s Bush!
5) Lambeth’s traffic cops remove an illegally parked car!
6) Despite the recession, the business must be booming for certain types of plastic surgery!
7) And the holy grail, a Google in-joke – Where’s Wally?…in Putney!
Via – Google Sightseeing
Matt Churchill blogs about music, digital culture and technology on Seldom Seen Kid, founded in 2008. He has been helping new bands to emerge as part of the music blogging scene and writing about the technologies that can help them breakthrough since 2006. A digital strategist by day, Matt helps brands keep up to date with the latest trends in online technologies. He is also an avid drinker of tea and purveyor of sport. He can be found on Twitter as @geetarchurchy.