Here at Zath, we’re big fans of hi-tech gadgets, computing, gaming and technology in general, so when the chance to go along to a live show and take a look at some great bits of technology kit comes along, then we want to be there – as seen by our attendance at the Gadget Show Live 2009 event last April and the Eurogamer Expo 2009 in October.
Well, we’ve just been informed by our friends over at Dabs.com that they’re running two free Technology and Gadgets Show events in March 2010 that the public can attend free of charge! At the Dabs.com Live show events which you’ll be able to see some of the hottest new technology of 2010 being showcased here in the UK…oh yeah, the show will also be being hosted by the Gadget Show’s very own Suzi Perry!
The event will be taking place at two different venues on two different weekends, one in London and also one in the North, which again like the Eurogamer Expo (Leeds), it’s great to see another event taking place in a Northern England venue and perhaps opens up the possibility of a lot more people attending than perhaps just holding an event only in London.
Venues & Dates
The Dabs.com IT and Gadget Show will be taking place at the following venues on these dates – be sure to mark them in your diaries:
- Saturday 13th March 2010 – Wembley Stadium (The Great Hall)
- Saturday 20th March 2010 – Old Trafford Stadium (Manchester Suite) – (changed from the original date of Sunday 21st March due to football scheduling changes)
What Will Be At Dabs.com Live?
- Gaming Zone – Do you think you’re a good gamer? Well, here you’ll be able to test out your skills against other people, including some professional gamers in the competitions taking place at the Dabs.com IT and Gadget Show.
- IT Zone – Obviously Dabs.com are well known for being an IT supplier and as such, they’ll be a lot to learn from the technology experts of some of the world’s top IT companies showing off their new hi-tech gadgets for 2010.
- Gadget Zone – One of the great things of the last few years and perhaps the Gadget Show on Channel 5 itself has helped is that hi-tech gadgets are now much more mainstream than they used to be, so here in this zone, not only will you be able to see of the latest technology in action, but also will be able to hear what Suzi Perry has to say about the latest and upcoming gadgets!
- Football Zone – Obviously because these events are taking place at two of the greatest football stadiums in the world, it’s only fitting that you can take a guided tour of the stadiums, improve your football skills with a lesson from a high profile footballing legend and be photographed with the original World Cup trophy (Jules Rimet) at Wembley or the Premiership trophy if you’re at Old Trafford.
So there you have it, the Dabs.com Live IT and Gadget Show! I think it’s great to see another technology and gadget show on the calendar, especially considering the economy in recent years, so I’m really looking forward to seeing what this event is like. If you’re also interested in attending, then head on over to the Dabs.com Live registration page and register for your free ticket today, just make sure you do it soon as places are limited.
Simon Barker is the founder and editor of Zath and has over 25 years worth of experience of using computers and technology in general. He can normally be found researching or testing the latest in technology products.
He has provided IT consultancy services to both home and small business users for over 15 years, building PCs, fixing hardware/software problems and providing comprehensive training.
Simon always likes to get the best out of the technology he is using, by both making informed decisions of what products to purchase and also optimising how it is then used to get the most benefits possible.
If you’d like to follow and/or contact him on social media, you can do so on the various networks below.