What’s this place all about? Well, our primary aim here at Zath is to get the best out of the latest technology products, software applications and hi-tech gadgets that are available to us. As well as finding the best video gaming options for when we just want to relax and chill out!
With that in mind, you can expect to find news, commentary, analysis, reviews and how-to guides on these tech-related topics. After all, who has the time to waste on technology, gadgets and games that are just not worth your while?
- Technology and getting the best from what the Internet has to offer from a technological point of view, be it general computing equipment such as laptops, online services or software applications.
- Hi-Tech Gadgets, such as mobile phones and a vast assortment of different internet-connected devices such as AI assistant speakers, smart home thermostats and WiFi security cameras. For example, I currently have a Google Pixel 2 smartphone which is essentially a pocket computer. These kinds of devices hold countless possibilities to enhance our lives.
- Gaming is also developing at great speed, be it from a technical point of view in terms of graphics, virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), physics or game engines that you see on the latest gaming PCs and consoles. Using various combinations of these new technologies to create brand new gameplay possibilities.
Zath has been run as a UK tech blog for over 12 years now and as such we pride ourselves on providing a high level of expertise and knowledge to our readers. In fact, in recognition of that, we’ve received several award nominations over the years, such as the Computer Weekly IT Blog Awards for Best Gadget Blog. As well as being featured on many other websites’ “Best UK Tech Blogs” lists. Just do a quick search and you’ll see for yourself.
If you’d like to follow Zath on social media, we can be found on the following networks:
Simon Barker – Managing Editor
I’m based in the York area of the UK and have a keen interest in most forms of technology. In the past, I have worked as a data analyst, an Oracle HR database system administrator and have also been a freelance IT consultant for local home users and small business clients. I have extensive experience with building PC systems, correcting software faults and providing IT training as required.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact me, it’s always good to interact with readers of the site. Alternatively, you can also add me to the following networks and communicate that way too:
- Twitter — Simon Barker
- LinkedIn — Simon Barker
- Flickr — SimonBarkerUK
- Instagram — SimonBarker
- PlayStation Network — ZathUK
Zath has several different writers contributing high-quality articles to the site on a variety of topics. Therefore, feel free to take a look at our authors’ individual article archives and perhaps follow their Twitter accounts by using the links below. Also, if you’re interested in contributing to Zath on either a regular or guest blogging basis, then take a look at our Write for Zath page for more details.
- Simon Barker — @SimonBarker
- Ender — @Ender83
- Christian Milsom — @thelastChris
- Serena Obhrai — @Sweena
- John Thompson — @british_geek
- Rob Nichols —
- Toby Edwards — @mytwosenses
- The Average Windows Nerd — @averagewinnerd