Windows Vista Wallpaper Changer ReviewWritten by Simon Barker on February 26, 2009 · Filed under Review, Software
Do you need a Windows Vista wallpaper changer? Up until the point at which I upgraded to Windows Vista and started using a second monitor around 18 months ago I could never be bothered with changing my desktop wallpapers and had probably used the same wallpaper for around 3 years.
However, once I upgraded my main monitor to a good quality widescreen version, I thought it would be a good opportunity to get some high quality wallpapers – I was pleased to find some great 1920×1080 widescreen wallpapers over at InterfaceLIFT – a site I highly recommend and has new wallpapers added on a daily basis! (If you’re a real fan of digital art, then take a look at our Digital Art Gallery? article)
The only problem was I still wasn’t getting round changing them, so when I found this Windows Vista wallpaper changer, this was the solution to my problem and it’s name is Wallpaper Slideshow LT.
One of the big concerns for me was that any wallpaper changer had to be able to run in the background without any intervention for me and perhaps more importantly, it had to have a small resource footprint, luckily this prgram only takes up around 2.5MB in memory as a process, so doesn’t slow my Windows Vista machine down.
So overall, by using Wallpaper Slideshow LT as my Windows Vista wallpaper changer, I can randomly see all my different high quality wallpapers – I have it set up so that the wallpaper changes every hour – if you spend any length of time on your computer, the change of scenery/theme on your computer certainly adds a bit of variety to your day!
For a full quickstart guide to Wallpaper Slideshow LT then take a look at this page and see how easy it is to use.
Wallpaper Slideshow LT is not only a Windows Vista wallpaper changer, it will also run on Windows 98/Me/NT/2000/XP and offers lots of features as follows:
- User friendly interface with full context-sensitive help
- Displays an unlimited amount of images
- Displays images randomly or sequentially
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, TIF, BMP file formats
- Can change wallpaper automatically after a specified time period (e.g. every 60 minutes)
- Can change wallpaper on every Windows startup
- Automatically resizes images to fit your screen size
- High quality image resize (bicubic with prefilter)
- Can use a different background color for each wallpaper
- Use a system tray icon for an easy control of the software
- Ability to hide your Windows desktop icons
- Display a preview of selected wallpapers
- Multi monitor support. Each monitor can have a different wallpaper
- Easy install/uninstall