What is Zath?
What’s this place all about? Well, our primary aim here at Zath is to get the best out of the latest technology products, software applications, the Internet and hi-tech gadgets that’s available to us as well as finding the best video gaming options for when we just want to relax and chill out!
With that in mind you can expect to find the news, reviews and how-to guides on these subjects, afterall, who has the time to waste on technology, gadgets, online services and games which are just not worth your while?
- General Technology and getting the best from what the Internet has to offer from a technological point of view, be it Web 2.0 services, software or entertainment, much of which are provided free to us internet users.
- Hi-Tech Gadgets, such as mobile phones and their associated functionality – I currently have a HTC Desire handset which is essentially a pocket computer, I can check emails, browse the web to get information I need wherever I am and use the built-in GPS to find my way around new places – the future for mobile platforms is one that holds a lot of possibilities for all of us.
- Gaming is also developing at great speed, be it from a technical point of view in terms of graphics, physics, gaming engine that you see in with the Playstation 3 and Xbox 360 or utilising new technologies to create new gaming styles as we’ve witnessed with the Nintendo Wii, Playstation Move and Xbox Kinect motion controllers.
Writers on Zath
Zath has several regular writers contributing to the site on a variety of topics, therefore feel free to take a look at our authors’ individual article archives and their Twitter accounts by following the links below:
- Simon Barker – @SimonBarker
- Ender – @Ender83
- Christian Milsom – @thelastChris
- Serena Obhrai – @Sweena
- John Thompson – @british_geek
- Rob Nichols – @R0bNichols
- Toby Edwards – @mytwosenses
- The Average Windows Nerd – @averagewinnerd
- Rich Barker – @RichBarker
- Mike – @Mike___
- Kate Gilby – @kateblogs
- Helen Lynch – @HelKatUK
Editor of Zath – Simon Barker
I’m based in the York area of the UK and have a keen interest in most forms of technology. In the past I have worked as an Oracle HR database system administrator and also been a freelance IT consultant for local home and small business clients, building systems, correcting faults and providing training as required.
If you have any questions or feedback, please feel free to contact me as it’s always good to interact with readers of the site. Alternatively, you can also add me to the following networks and communicate with us that way too:
- Twitter – Simon Barker
- Zath on Facebook – Zath Fan Page
- Zath on Twitter – @ZathUK
- Zath on Google – Zath Tech Blog (UK)
- StumbleUpon – Zath
- Delicious – Simon Barker
- Digg – Simon Barker
- LinkedIn – Simon Barker
- Xbox Live – Zath78
- Playstation Network – ZathUK